Our foundation was established after my son passed away in February 2019. He was a very ambitious young man who worked as a union plumber in Boston Local 12. Alex was a very giving person, he brought many people together and was loved in our community.
Alex loved hockey, a game which he played up to the time of his death. At his wake we asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the local youth hockey league. The response was overwhelming as over 800 people attended his wake and made donations.
In my sons honor we had a benefit hockey game with Alex's old teammates playing the Boston Bruins Alumni at our local rink. The community came together and we were able to raise over $50,000, which not only provided enough hockey scholarship for the next three years but also supported the Yarmouth Dennis Youth Baseball League, Memory Cafe at the Center, Hero's in Transition, Nicholas G. Xiarhos Foundation, Boys and Girls Club, and Big Brother Big Sister.
The overwhelming amount of support that we were able to receive in our time of need, and the good we were able to give back is what started the foundation. We pride ourself on being a light in the community, as Alex was the light of all those who were around him. Alexander Ian Diamantopoulos Foundation was established July 2019. We are committed to raising awareness in order to alleviate opioid addiction and in supporting recovery and youth programs on Cape Cod.
"It's easier to build strong children than to repair broken men"
1. To bring a spirit of hope to our community, improve the quality of life and bring people from all walks of life together in a lighthearted and enjoyable manner.
2. To guide our young people toward being strong mentally, physically and spiritually through participating in activities, faith based programs, recreation, and competitive sports.
3. To alleviate drug and alcohol addiction.
4. To provide usage of our facilities FREE of charge to disabled veterans and their families, recovery programs, christian organizations, elderly and special needs programs.
5. To build a much needed sports facility that once built, will not only
sustain itself but, be able to create enough venues so that we may support other charitable organizations and drug prevention programs.
6. Create hundreds of construction jobs and permanent quality jobs.
7. Establish swimming and diving teams on Cape Cod for Junior High and High school students.
8. To not seek individual profit in our endeavor
9. To save souls
10. To promote the Music, Art and Theater Programs
11. The foundation is irrevocably dedicated and operated exclusively for non-profit purposes.
To create a legacy of giving and build a much needed multi-level sports complex to serve the 15 towns of Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket. Improve the quality of life and bring people from all walks of life together in a lighthearted manner. To help those in need, but first and foremost to alleviate opioid addiction through prevention and help our children mentally, spiritually, and physically.
President Higgins Foundation Project Developer
Meet The Board
Founder / President
Former Senator President AFL-CIO
Norfolk County Sheriff
President of Youth Hockey and Baseball
Director of Recreation and Community Service Yarmouth
Sales and Marketing
Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist